Thursday, September 5, 2013

Quinn's Playlist

If you know Eric or me, you know that we LOVE music. And even that is an understatement. We both learned from a very young age that music can touch you in ways that speaking can not. From the time we started dating, and even now, one of our favorite things to do is drive and listen to music in the car. Most the time we sing at the top of our lungs, sometimes we just listen and let the tears fall.

One of the things Eric thought of for Quinn was to make him a "playlist". They are songs that we love and want Quinn to hear along with some songs that help Eric and I make it through the day. I thought I would share a few today.

This song is perfect for our little family. It's why we call Quinn our "little piece of Heaven"...



The next one was on the CD that was in Eric's car when we left our 20 week ultrasound appointment and had first heard the news about Quinn...



I shared my song that helps me get through the days a few posts back, this one is Eric's. I love these lyrics...



This last song means a lot to me because it reminds my Mom and Dad of Quinn. I think that's one other thing that people sometimes forget. Quinn's relatives are just as heartbroken as Eric and I are. For my parents, Quinn is their first grandbaby. I know it hasn't been easy for them. My Mom has picked me up in my broken pieces and put me back together again more times then I can count. My Dad loves talking and sharing things with Quinn. They have been amazing and I know I wouldn't have been able to make it through with out them. My Twin has had to watch me fall apart and just hugs me and loves me. Eric's family is incredible. I am so lucky to have married in to such a great family. Eric is the youngest of 6 so we have 18 nieces and nephews, Quinn will make #19 with #20 close behind. :) The huge blessing I have been able to see is that each and everyone one of them (Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and Grandparents) love Quinn just as much as we do. No words can describe how happy and lucky that makes Eric, Quinn and me.





1 comment:

  1. Nicole,

    I love reading your blog! I can't even imagine what it is like to be going through something like this. It amazes me how strong you are and it is so inspiring. I love your outlook on everything, it makes me rethink my perspective on life and some of the little hard things that I go through. I love this post, music really does speak and touch in a way words can't. By the way, I love the song Life is Beautiful by Vega 4, it's a great one, and what a perfect one to include in this playlist :)

    ReplyDelete