Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Quinn's first photo session :)

Earlier this month, Eric and I had the amazing opportunity to take maternity pictures with Quinn. Something that made it even more special is our photographer, Heidi. She was so fun, so kind, so caring and she went through a loss of her own daughter about 7 years ago from a condition called "Potter's Syndrome." I've said so many times how many incredible people we have gotten to meet these last few months with Quinn's journey and Heidi is one of them.

Heidi is a volunteer photographer for a organization called "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep".

I had never heard of this group till we met with Angel Watch. Their entire mission is to 
"introduce remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of a baby with a free gift of professional portraiture."  These volunteers dedicate their time to families like ours. They do maternity sessions along with pictures of sweet babies after they are born, whether sleeping or living. It is one of the most beautiful and kind things I could ever have hoped for. Knowing that photographs are some of the only material remembrances I will have for my sweet Quinn, it means the world to me. They are something I can treasure and can have with me in this life until I get to hold him again in the next. 

The organization is through out the US but Heidi informed me that just this past month, they have seen 20 families along the Wasatch Front alone. They only have a small number of photographers in Utah that take the majority of the calls so these people are very busy. There is really great need for photographers in Utah. The more they have available, the less amount of days these sweet people are on call. Heidi is a full time Mom of 3 on this earth, works as a nurse and is planning on going back to school to become a nurse practitioner. But she does NILMDTS because she knows what a great blessing and comfort is was to her. To any of my photographer friends that are interested in becoming one, please contact me. I would love to get you in touch with Heidi to answer any questions. The website also has a lot of information as well. It is an incredible program, Eric and I will always be eternally grateful for it. 




We decided to do our photo session at the Bonneville Glen. Some of you may have heard of it because Eric and I have a fun history there :) It was one of our first dates (the live nativity that the Bonneville Stake puts on every year), where Eric proposed to me and where we were suppose to have our wedding reception (if you don't know that story, I'll fill ya in later:) ). The Glen has been very dear to our hearts and we couldn't think of a better place to have Quinn's first photos taken!





And my favorite...



Of course we had to have the Utes involved!





Our little piece of Heaven...


There are lots of variables with Quinn right now. His time to leave may be before labor. It may be during. It could be a few precious minutes afterward. It could be an hour or two later. And although all of these are very possible, we are of course hoping for the best which is where we would get to keep him here on earth for a few days. That means lots of NICU, deciding about respiratory action, feeding (feeding tubes or IV's) and possible baby hospice if we are lucky enough to take him home for a short time. We know that these are hopes and dreams for us but that is what we have right now.

We wanted to take a moment to thank our sweet friends, Matt and Kim Misner. Matt and Eric went to school together, played on sports teams together, sat by each other at the U of U football games for years and even play on basketball teams together still. Kim is his dear wife that I have been able to get to know and Eric has always told me that he doesn't know of a more "perfect for each other" couple. They have been so kind to us from the beginning and asked us these hopes and dreams that we have for Quinn right now. Because of this, the Misner's decided to set up a donation fund for our little family through Zions Bank.  There are no words to express the gratitude Eric and I have for them and how incredibly kind this gesture is. Most of the donations have been anonymous so Eric and I wanted to thank everyone that has donated so far. We are so grateful to have a little bit of stressed removed because of what this fund is doing. 

I've meant it every time I have written it but I will say it again. Eric and I are so blessed to have Quinn in our lives. We will never be the same. We love this little boy more than we ever imagined possible and are so happy for the time we get to have with him. We cherish the amazing people we have been able to come in contact with during this journey and we have been overwhelmed by the love and support we have received from our family and friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you.



7 comments:

  1. love the pictures collee and love that baby quinn already has a disneyland bracelet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly are so beautiful. Quinn is so lucky to have you two as parents here on earth and forever! We love you guys and I hope we see you soon! I feel sad I didn't get to talk to you at the harbiebarbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,
    I'm good friends with your sister-in-law BriAnne, so I've been following your blog, I hope that's okay. I had an angel baby about ten years ago, he also had Potter's Syndrome. I think I know your photographer, is it Heidi Vawdrey? She is truly wonderful, I talked with her when she was going through her own angel experience. If I can ever help with anything, please let me know! My little Elijah lived only a little over an hour after he was born, but he has changed my life forever. I have learned so much from having him in my life. Heidi has a pamphlet which I have passed on to several angel mommies, you may want to ask her about it if you don't already have it. Lots of good information when you're feeling a little overwhelmed. Good luck with your beautiful boy, it is truly a privilege to have these perfect spirits in our lives and I love your sweet attitude and positive outlook. Good luck with your sweet angel baby! --Angie Jenkins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, I'll never stop saying this, YOU ARE AMAZING. So truly amazing. I just cry every time I read your posts. My heart aches for You and your sweet husband. I love all the things you've thought of to do with Quinn- so precious. I hope and pray for the best for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Angie! Smalllllll world :). Yup, it's me!

    Nicole, it was such a privilege to meet you both. I love how you are celebrating your time with Quinn - he's a lucky boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole, you look absolutely gorgeous, as usual :) You, Eric, and Quinn are adorable! And you definitely have that beautiful pregnancy glow that women hope for :) I love these photos, and I love and appreciate your celebration of Quinn's life. What a beautiful thing that Now I lay me down to Sleep is doing for such deserving families. It's heartwarming and refreshing :)
    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing all of your faith and hope and dreams. You not only make your lives better, but everyone around you! We'll be praying for all to go well!!

    ReplyDelete