Monday, October 7, 2013

Quinn's Best Friend :)

I'd like to introduce you to my BEAUTIFUL new niece... McKenzie Nicole Morrell!!! :)


I told you that Quinn was #19 grandbaby for the Burton's and that #20 was close behind! Well, McKenzie decided that she was going to be #19 instead! :) She was born EARLY Friday morning, October 4th. Both Mommy (Rachel) and her are doing great!

Sweet Rachel and her husband Jason have been so kind to us during this time. I've been so worried that it would be hard to see McKenzie. But very early on, Eric and I had a very strong feeling that McKenzie will actually be such a blessing and comfort to us. We will get to see her grow over the years and see what our sweet Quinn would be doing. Beginning to crawl, then walk, starting Kindergarten and the list goes on and on. I'd be lying if I said that I think that it will always be easy because I know at times it may not be. But we are sincerely so grateful that we get to have her in our lives.

Seeing McKenzie made me so incredibly happy. I feel that she knows Quinn the very best, that they have been best little buddies this whole time. The whole time I held her, cute little Quinn was just kicking away, letting her know he was still with her :) What a comfort it was to me.

We are SO happy for Rachel and Jason and their cute family. McKenzie is #4 and is SO loved by her siblings! It's really cute to see. Congratulations Morrell's!!!

Fall is Eric and my favorite time of year with October being our favorite month. Quinn's birthday will only add to that. We know we are so blessed to still have him and that we have been able to add SO many things to his list. One of the biggest accomplishments was carving a pumpkin. I've wanted to do that for a very long time now and I'm so excited we were able to! We are now at 47 FULL PAGES for his list!!! He's not spoiled, just loved :)



We are still so amazed for all the support we have had from family and friends. We've had some fun surprises dropped off on our front porch, received so many kind notes and especially have felt your prayers for us in this time. Thank you all again.



4 comments:

  1. I love reading these updates about your sweet Quinn. You are so inspiring by your positive outlook and I'm sure you are blessing many lives by sharing your experiences. Quinn is one lucky boy to have you as his Momma! You are always in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i've been thinking a lot about you lately. i still really want to come see you sometime. glad to see you're doing ok :) love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that quinn was kicking while you were holding her, what a sweet little guy! love you nicolio!

    ReplyDelete